Welcome to Christendom College!
Tomorrow's Leaders. Here Today.
We're not like other colleges.
And that's a good thing.
We are the Catholic College of Virginia where...
- Academic excellence takes the Magisterium as its guide
- Education is a personal experience guided by top-notch professors who truly care about the students' learning
- Students earn B.A. degrees in Classics, English, History, Philosophy, Political Science and Economics, and Theology as well as M.A. degrees in Theology
- Parents can feel assured that their children will grow in the knowledge, love, and practice of the Catholic Faith
- Students can continue to follow their vocation to holiness
Christendom College is a four-year coeducational Roman Catholic Liberal Arts College with undergraduate and graduate programs offered on three campuses in Front Royal and Alexandria, Virginia, and Rome, Italy.
Founded in 1977 in response to the devastating blow inflicted on Catholic higher education by the cultural revolution which swept across America in the 1960s, Christendom's goal is to provide a truly Catholic education in fidelity to the Magisterium of the Catholic Church and thereby to prepare students for their role of restoring all things in Christ.
READ THE CHRONICLER
Christendom's 84-hour core curriculum of carefully selected subjects required for all of its undergraduate students consists of three years of study in Theology, three years in Philosophy, two years in English Language and Literature, two years in Classical or Modern Language, two years in History, one year in Political Science and Economics, and one year in Mathematics and Natural Science.
The College's main Front Royal campus overlooks the Shenandoah River with scenic views of the neighboring Blue Ridge Mountains. Students from over 45 states and 5 foreign countries are attracted to the College's Catholic family atmosphere and its dedication to the restoration of a truly Catholic culture.
Christendom has been educating its students in wisdom and truth for the past 35 years, enabling its alumni to become leaders in society by helping them to achieve their educational and career-related goals.
Upon graduation, many alumni go to such graduates schools as Notre Dame, Johns Hopkins, William & Mary, Catholic University, University of Virginia, Harvard, and Oxford to study everything from Neuroscience to Medicine, Law to Architecture, and Accounting to Dentistry.
Others choose to enter today's workforce where they are able to utilize their well-rounded education to become leaders in a myriad of fields: IT, Sales, Business, Management, Education, Retail, Politics, and everything in between.
Some of the highlights of a Christendom College education are:
- All of our professors take an Oath of Fidelity to the Magisterium of the Roman Catholic Church.
- We focus on the Liberal Arts and all of our classes are taught with a Catholic worldview.
- We have a rigorous 84 credit-hour core curriculum: Theology, Philosophy, History, Literature, Math, Science, Language, and Political Science.
- We have a vibrant liturgical life: Daily Mass, Rosary, Adoration, Confession.
- Our Junior Semester in Rome Program is unique in that it is located within eyesight of the Vatican and only costs an additional $1500 and a plane ticket
- Our intercollegiate sports program is accessible to many students.
- We provide many leadership, volunteer, religious, and missionary opportunities for our students.
Christendom College does not discriminate against any applicant or student on the basis of race, sex, color, or national origin.