Admission will be determined by a variety of indicators including, but not limited to, high school grades, College Board Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) or American College Test (ACT) scores, essays, and letters of recommendation. (See Application Procedure below for further information.) ! The examination code numbers for Christendom College are 5691 for the SAT, and 4339 for the ACT.
Students interested in applying for the fall semester of an academic year have two Application Deadline Dates from which to choose: Early Action Deadline of December 1 or the Regular Admissions Deadline of March 1.
Applications received after March 1 will be considered as space permits and the applicants may be placed on a waiting list. Christendom is currently still accepting applications for the fall 2014 semester. There is no waiting list, as of yet, so please apply soon!
Those whose application packages are complete and in the Admissions Office on or before December 1 (Early Action Deadline), will receive notification of their acceptance or rejection on or around December 15th.
Those whose application packages are complete and in the Admissions Office on or before March 1 (Regular Admissions Deadline), will receive notification of their acceptance or rejection by April 1.
Students who apply at any date throughout the year, and whose applications meet the Admissions Committee's standards, may be notified as early as two weeks after submission of a complete application package. This is not the norm, but an exception to the above-mentioned application deadlines, dates, and processes.
Click the links below to find out more about that admissions process regarding:
- Academic Requirements
- Recommended Courses
- Advanced Placement
- Home Schooled Students
- Transfer Students
- International Students
Directions for Applying to Christendom College
- Complete the application form. You may choose one of the following options:
- Write three essays on the topics below. The essays will be judged on content, grammar, spelling, and style. Please proofread your work.
- Why do you want to attend Christendom College? (Please include what you hope to gain from your experience at Christendom; what you hope to add to the College's vibrant community; and what attracts you to the College.) 500 word minimum
- Describe your life within your family. (For example: do you have brothers and sisters? What interests do you share with the other members of your family?) Have you discussed your plans for college with your family? If so, what do they think? 250 word minimum
- Describe some person or experience who/which has had a deep impact on your life. Explain its value to you. 250 word minimum
- Return the completed application, essays, and a $25.00 application fee (made payable to Christendom College) to the Admissions Office. The $25 Application Fee is waived for Online Applications.
- Have a teacher who has instructed you submit an academic letter of recommendation. Ask your parish priest (alternatively, an employer or counselor) to submit a personal letter of recommendation. If you have been homeschooled and your Mother or Father have been your teachers, they may fill out the academic letter of recommendation. Download letters of recommendation.
- Have your High School Transcript(s) and, if applicable, College Transcript(s) sent to the Admissions Office. Homeschooled students who are not enrolled in a homeschool program (e.g. Seton, Mother of Divine Grace, Our Lady of the Rosary, Kolbe) may download Christendom's own High School Homeschool transcript form. If you are applying after January, please ensure that your transcripts include the prior fall semester's grades.
- Request that SAT or ACT scores be sent to the Director of Admissions. If forms are not available at your high school, a copy may be obtained by writing directly to: Scholastic Aptitude Tests, College Entrance Examination Board, PO Box 881, Princeton, NJ 08540, or to American College Tests, PO Box 414, Iowa City, IA 52240. The examination code numbers for Christendom College are 5691 for the SAT, and 4339 for the ACT. Even if your SAT or ACT scores are on your high school transcript, Christendom would still like the official scores sent.